Monday, July 30, 2007

False Labor


Today we thought we might be hearing some referral news, and we tried hard to coordinate cell phones, missing chargers and faulty hotel Internet services with glitch after glitch -- and we're not even in China, just in Indiana! This is a good dress rehearsal. The rumors of a referral today did not pan out, alas.

I'm posting from the concierge desk at the hotel because the in-room wireless did not work in our room and the lobby wireless did not work on our laptop and the guest computer in the lobby did not work. What can I say, the rooms are nice and so is the pool.

We're here to visit Jie Jie's grandmother and aunts and uncle, then heading to the third reunion of our China travel group. The kids Jie Jie knew in China will all be four by the time we get there. It would be great to arrive with a new referral photo to share.

This afternoon Jie Jie and her grandmother Yiayia baked brownies together.

Tonight Jie Jie pointed out the evening star. We wished on it. I asked her wish. She said, "I wish a beautiful butterfly would land on my shoulder."
She asked my wish. I said, "I wish I could have happy moments like this one with my daughter forever."

Jie Jie siad, "Ask for some days off."

No comments:

Post a Comment