Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Girl's Life


Jiejie turned 7 years old a few days ago. She started the morning by hiding. Breakfast was ready, and Jiejie was nowhere to be found. Daddy finally located her and brought her downstairs. It seems she was upset because, although the cupcakes I had labored long and late to produce were coming to school, I was not accompanying them.

"Why aren't you coming?"" she whined.
"Honey, I have to work.
""Take a day off!"
"Sweetie, it’s my deadline day, I can't."
"But who will tell my life story?"

What???? Life story???

Well, apparently that is the tradition in first grade. The teacher interviews you or your parent sitting beside you, about the highlights of your first seven years. That was the first I had heard of it.

To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment