Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth!

The girls wanted to  see the local fireworks tonight, and so we did.  Fireworks are not Jiejie's favorite entertainment. Well, actually, she loves fireworks, but only  from a distance of several miles. The auditory effects are the problem. She knew the crump of the fireworks would be painfully loud, but tantalized by some fireworks seen from the highway, she was game to try. This year the fireworks display was at a stadium. A pretty elaborate exhibition for our small town. Before the lights went out, Jiejie had her hands over her ears and her head buried in my chest. Well, one side anyway. I cupped my hand over her other ear and she watched in contented silence. Meimei, on her other side, was concerned and stroked her older sisters arm several times and even helped me cover her sister's ear.  Tomorrow is the banging, booming, tooting, rum-tum-tumming local parade, just about half a mile's walk. I think we'll skip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment